If your company has been using only traditional marketing methods to generate new business, you need to read this!
2017 is the year of change and improvements. Marketing strategies have grown beyond word of mouth and Facebook posts. Let us show you how your business can reach new heights using digital marketing strategies.
Why Digital Marketing?
- First and foremost, digital marketing is a tremendously cheaper marketing method than the traditional offline methods – just think about those print runs, radio campaigns and television ads that you couldn’t afford 15 years ago! Digital marketing is much more accessible, even for those with small marketing budgets.
- It’s a great way to increase your online market share
- **According to Hubspot By 2016, more than 50% of money spent in the US will be influenced by online marketing campaigns. ** How long before we can say the same thing here in the UK?
What is a digital strategy?
Having a digital strategy is, in essence, a plan. It allocates time and money to all the relevant platforms and helps you to gain insight into statistical data which will help you to reach your goals. Market your business using multiple platforms like Social media, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Email Marketing, SEO PR, and so much more.
How to begin building a digital strategy
- The first thing you need to do is be clear on your aims and objectives.
- Analyse how your company performed in the previous year.
- Research your target audience and preferred digital media channels
- Create your content
- Allocate paid advertising budgets
- Create a timeline
- Evaluate and improve your strategy
Why you NEED to set aside a budget for an SEO and digital marketing company to help you
- By now, you must understand the importance of digital marketing. One thing that will help you reach that increased ROI is a thorough and well thought out digital marketing strategy.
- It can be a daunting task to do yourself
- You’ll save money in the long run
- Work alongside a professional to gain a fresh perspective
- Utilise their resources and evaluation techniques
Attending the IRX event confirmed much of what I knew about the marketing world, but it helped to open my eyes into what others in the industry are doing. Listening to speakers who had an extensive amount of experience working in the marketing industry, only helped me develop a passion more for the job that I do.
I always say, “the best way to learn, is to listen to those who have learnt.” Taking the advice from industry professionals has helped me to look into the bigger picture of marketing, and I have learnt that it is all about establishing your message across different platforms. The idea of marketing is to understand your customer, and be able to meet their needs, by working on how they interact with your brand and your products. Gaining feedback, and reviews is a great way of being able to understand how people perceive your brand.
During the event, I began to understand that whilst the industry is indeed complex at times, and is always evolving and changing – many of those that are in it, all want to help each other make the most of those changes; and that’s a really reassuring thing to know. Whilst many may be competitors, there are far more who want to help and that’s what I feel sums up the IRX expo – it was there to help and inform marketers.
Those speakers who shared their business experiences have seen a lot of the digital age develop from the very early days of when PCs became the new craze – and their insight is a lot different to how I perceive digital technology, as I was a lot younger at this time.
Technology for me was part of growing up, but listening to those who did not necessarily grow up with it, has given a different – but a very valuable insight. I have learnt that although things are always changing, it’s how we make the best of those changes in our jobs, and marketing careers that will shape the future of how the companies we work for will grow.