5 Fast Facebook Fixes to Improve your Social Reach
Facebook has 31 billion UK users, with 60% of the population having a Facebook account. There’s a massive audience just waiting to hear your brand story, but it’s not as easy as you might think.
Organic reach on Facebook can currently be described as abysmal at best and non-existent at worst! You might have a few hundred or thousand likes but your organic reach is likely to be as low as 1% – which means your important updates, offers and vital information to support your product or service simply aren’t reaching your target audience.
Why is Facebook reach so low?
Because Facebook, like Google, want you to pay to get your message in front of the people that matter to your business. Most recently Facebook announced that it was changing its news feed to ensure you don’t miss the things posted by the friends you care about. The impact for business pages is that unless your posts are shared frequently and greatly by your audience, you are likely to see a drop in traffic coming from Facebook, as news feeds become dominated by posts from your favourite friends.
What can you do about it?
We’ve had many years’ experience of working with businesses to improve their reach and engagement via social media and in particular Facebook, because despite this low organic reach, it remains a fantastic and cost effective platform to build brand awareness and drive traffic back to your website.
Here are our 5 fast Facebook fixes to improve your social reach and engagement:
1.Know what to post – Don’t just peddle your wares, but share the things that matter to your audience and connect with their values. Statistics from Statista tell us that the top reasons why people connect with brands on Facebook are to:
– Receive offers
– Keep up to date with news
– Receive info relating to their personal interests
2. Be visual – we know that posts featuring images, slide shows or videos tend to get better engagement, so really there is no excuse to not include relevant imagery when posting to Facebook. Remember, if you have to look too hard to find a relevant image, maybe the content you have is not worth sharing.
3. Pay for it – with the statistics we’ve just given you it’s easy to see why you can’t rely on organic reach alone, so if you want Facebook to work for your business and brand you’ll need to invest in some paid advertising. You can use Facebook advertising to reach new people, drive traffic to your website, promote your special offers instore, generate leads, get more views for your video content and increase likes, and what’s more you will pay up to 20 times less than advertising using Google AdWords!
4. Have a conversation – social media only works well when the conversation is two-way. Connect with people who can influence your audience, respond to people when they message your page or comment – whether it is positive or negative, how you deal with it is what matters – and most importantly, LISTEN, as these are the people who can help shape and grow your brand. Having this conversation might help you retain a customer or gain a new one.
5. Call in the experts – whilst we’re not saying you can’t manage your social media strategy in-house, there are many benefits to having it run by a professional. We’ve had feedback from our customers who have gone it alone but ended up losing money on targeting the wrong audience because they are not familiar with Facebook’s advertising platform, or who have experienced very poor engagement because posts were too promotional. These are the kinds of errors we can avoid, ensuring your brand appears professional and that your advertising is cost effective and well targeted at all times.
Make the most of Facebook starting today. Call us on 0121 308 0219 or email us to find out more.